cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset - different name (Investigating)

aaaanditsgone
Tuning in

Hi,

My virgin media account password has been reset by someone else several times since last Friday. Shortly after it happens, I lose access to my email and have to reset the password to regain access. I have also changed the recovery answer to a long random string which didn't help.

Is there some kind of exploit with the password reset system that allows an attacker to bypass the recovery question? The last two password reset emails even show a different name to the one from my account.

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Currently under investigation. Multiple threads merged]

331 REPLIES 331

MY PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED AGAIN. I am literally at a loss at this point, this is INSANE.

"You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account." - JESUS CHRIST. So now my security question has been removed by the hacker. So now I am going to call - BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE SHUT.

I literally pay £135 a month for TV, broadband, phone and two mobiles ALL THROUGH VIRGIN. And this is how I am treated? Someone DO SOMETHING. NOW.

Yep mine too. Oddly same time last night

Like the post above, my password has been changed again this evening, this is now the 5th time in 3 days!!!!!! What is going on!?

I feel like I'm having a mental breakdown at this point. I am excessively busy in my life, I absolutely do not have time for this insane game of Virgin utterly reking me left, right and centre. This is seriously making me want to punch my fist through my monitor. 

ANYONE WHO IS STRUGGLING TO LOG BACK INTO THEIR ACCOUNT.

I have found of you cannot login via the net then download the My Virgin Media app and login via your mobile using biometrics (your finger print). Go to settings and change all security and password that way. I know it doesn't solve the problem but it is a short term fix to get back into your account.

Any update please Virgin, I've been a customer for 15 years and this simply isn't good enough. The security with this is woeful!

I have raised a complaint through the complaints section suggesting Virgin take a look at their own help forums. I suggest if not already done then the more complaints they get, the mote likely they will take notice. Surely they can't be this incompetent... ?

Same here. Posting on twitter as well. The lack of response to a potential data breach is... https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r....

Minimitts
On our wavelength

I done this yesterday, received a text and a chat with some guy in the call centre. 
tbh it was no help at all, he did say it had been passed to fraud dept but had no answers to why this is happening.

and once again no email as of this evening, I’ve changed my password 3 times and my security question twice. The fact there is no acknowledgment on here from anyone from VM is quite outstanding, all it says to me is that they know they have a major issue and don’t know what to do about it.

Roger seems to have them by the balls! 

oakleyd
On our wavelength

Yes, mine has been changed again. I even changed my username but somehow the pwd has still be changed.

Its beyond a joke now. I will start spreading this ALL OVER Twitter and Facebook