cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password problems

Neal2
On our wavelength

Hi. Firstly I would like to say I’m not a tech savvy person. I have a full suite of TV, Landline, Broadband & Mobile. I recently upgraded my mobile phone but could not get my virgin email working on the new phone. I kept getting a message saying incorrect password I know the password was definitely correct as I had had problems previously & my password had been changed on 21st of Jan. Not only am I being told it’s an incorrect password I’m also being told my mother’s maiden name is incorrect ? Fortunately I rang Virgin & they were able to give me a default password which worked but I was told to only use this temporary and replace it with my own secure password. Not being tech savvy I cannot find where I change the password & I’m also having problems logging into my virgin media website as it will not recognise my password or security answer. I’m confused as when I joined Virgin 20 odd years ago (NTL World) I was given a primary email address ? Which was immediately changed to my secondary account which is the one I’ve used for over 20 years, I am desperate to sort out my issues but cannot explain my problems on the phone due to language barriers. How many passwords should I have ? Should it be one for primary, one for secondary, one for emails, one for my virgin media ? I use email on a Samsung phone, I pad & Microsoft computer, I just cannot get my head round this. Sorry for rambling on but I’m desperate. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Neal2 In normal circumstances the Primary username (email) will be the one you use to log into your My Virgin Media account.  Once logged in you should be able to change passwords for the Primary account and any secondary accounts that are set up on your account.  The password for the secondary account should be different to that used for the primary account.

However, it sounds as if your account has got into a bit of a tangle and you will probably need Forum Staff assistance to help you unravel what is happening.  They should respond to this thread shortly.

You should be able to find out what primary username the system has for you via the following link:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password  select the forgot virgin media username option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Neal2

Welcome back to the community!

If your issue is still unresolved we can have a look on your account to see if we can resolve this for you? I'll send you a private message so we can locate your account and pass security. Please look out for my PM in your inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Neal2
On our wavelength

Thanks where will I find my private message?
Neal

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Neal2  Look for the purple envelope icon in the top right corner of this forum page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks