cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password no longer works for NTLWORLD

Collinsp82
Joining in

Just Tried to add my ntlworld email account to my new PC and it the setup does not recognise my password. Also Virginmedia website does not recognise my email address although I am still getting messages

4 REPLIES 4

Sololobo
Superstar

If you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer try following the instructions provided here:-
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Collinsp82,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with creating a new email address. 

I have attempted to locate your account on our side but have been unable too. 

Can you confirm do you have an active Virgin Media Broadband account?

^Martin

Thank you for your reply.

I have not had a VM broadband account for about 5 years now. I have been enjoying my NTL email since that time and I am still able to send and receive emails on my tablet using [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]  It is working well. 

However, my  PC can no longer receive or send emails. I must be able to do this since I have this email adress registered with my bank and several other organisations.I am told that  my account  needs to be fixed by changing my email PW or changing the settiings.

The problemm is that I cannot access my email account on the VirginMEDIA site because my NTL email address and password are not recognised.

Please help

Regus  Phil Collins

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

In order to use the email service of Virgin you MUST have an active Broadband account with them.
Otherwise your email address is liable to be deleted without warning (and it sound like yours is about to go!)
Back up your details/emails etc immediately and look for another provider (gmail/outlook or others..)

========

some more info in this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

======