cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password invalid - ntlworld.com on imap.virginmedia.com

jackydog
Tuning in

I have been a virgin customer over 20 years and since yesterday I am unable to login to an old but active and frequently used ntlworld email account
First message I get is enter your password for ********@ntlworld.com on imap.virginmedia.com
I enter my password which is valid and get second message
Login to server imap.virginmedia.com with username *******@ntlworld.com failed.
Very annoying and potentally missing some important emails
I have another ntlworld email adress which is working as are my gmail accounts
My email client is Thunderbird

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jackydog 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community

Sorry to hear of the email issue.

Please perform malware scans on all devices for me.

Then change the password to something new unique not used before, leave it 1 hour before attempting to access the mailbox.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

whats the best way to change the password?

Hi @jackydog 

Please see here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/login-problems - which should help further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your replies John but I think the information on the link you gave me refers to logging problems to virgin media and virgin mobile which luckily I can still access ok.Its just the one email address I'm having trouble with.Looks like I'll have to ring them up-or let it go

Hi Jackydog,

If your email address is your primary email address, it will be linked to your My Virgin Media password.  😊

So we can look into this in more depth, I'm going to send you a private message and take some details. Look out for the purple envelope for a message from me.

Thanks!

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jackydog,

Thanks for letting me know you've now been able to access your emails. If you wish to change your password, you can do this via your My Virgin Media account under your email section.

Give me a shout if you need anything else.

Beth