cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password for email acc

harryh2
Joining in

It seems someone else is using my Virgin Media email address. I am asked to verify my identity when I log into my account. When I enter it (or what I think it is) I get an error message saying it is incorrect. I used to have a Virgin Media account but closed it 4 years ago when I moved as they didn't serve my new location. I kept my mobile account with them and have had no problems until now. I cannot sign into my Media account as I don't know my old account number or password. How can I get back into my email account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without a Virgin Media broadband account you have no entitlement to use the old email address.  It should have been closed 90days after you ceased to be customer.

A VM mobile account isn't sufficient to allow continued use.

All the VM staff are able to do is ensure that the email account is fully deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without a Virgin Media broadband account you have no entitlement to use the old email address.  It should have been closed 90days after you ceased to be customer.

A VM mobile account isn't sufficient to allow continued use.

All the VM staff are able to do is ensure that the email account is fully deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @harryh2

Thank you so much for your first post yo our community forums and I am so sorry to hear this has happened with your email account. 

Unfortunately Graham_A is correct and once a broadband account has been closed the email should be closed after 90 days, though sometimes this can take a lot longer. 

I cannot get this email account back for you but I can completely close it for you if you would like me too? Just let me know and if you would I will send you a PM so we can get this sorted.

Thank you. 

have a similar problem to the gentleman above the new account is in my name and the old account was in my husbands name, how can we get access to the old @ntlworld email addresses?

Hi there @abenauk

Thank you so much for your post! Can I just check, was the old email in your Husbands name connected to a broadband account that you no longer have? 

Thank you. 

It was a Virginmedia account in my husbands name, then we moved and put the account in my name

So sorry @abenauk just to confirm, the former account is no longer active? Also how long ago was the account closed? If this is the case we unfortunately will not be able to reinstate to email address, but I can fully delete it for you if you would like?

Please let me know and if so I will send you a PM so we can get it deleted.

Thanks again. 

so for example if the former email address was bob.simth@ntlworld.com

can it not be forwarded to bob.smith@virginmedia.com ?

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

I'm so sorry @abenauk can you just confirm has the account the address was attached to been closed, and a new on opened in your name? And when was the account closed? 

Thanks again. 

Yes the account in my Husbands name has been closed and a new one has been opened in my name