Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook pop up blueyonder issue

Aaron321
Joining in

Hi,

Emailing on dad's behalf...

We've been trying to sort his outlook account out as it is not working. Reset pc etc still no luck. Tried everyway to log on outlook with his blueyonder email but it keeps popping up with Microsoft security asking for password which you put in, but it repeats popup each time.

Please help!

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens if you try to log into the same email address via the VM webmail page? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Also can you confirm that your Dad still has a Virgin Media broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It works when he logs in there...

We still have a broadband package, yes.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is good news on both counts as it means the email account is still active on the VM servers.

I suggest that you check that the settings for Outlook match those set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

The Virginmedia servers will work for blueyonder email addresses.

Sometimes the password database for the email servers get out of sync so if the settings are correct then try refreshing the password through the My Virgin Media account under the My Profile tab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi I've just tried this and still am getting issues.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr  "235 VM") || (grep "235\\|VM")) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

It's when we try and add an account to outlook, it keeps showing a Windows pop up which asks for password all the time.

Hi Aaron321

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of your Dad's email issues. Can you advise, does popping the password in work? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No it does not, everytime we put it in it keeps asking for it after 15 seconds from putting in time before.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know Aaron, have you tried to log in via Outlook on another device? It would be helpful to know if the issue is with Outlook or the device you're using it on specifically. 

Tom