cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook issue

Sods
Joining in

Sods_0-1636045213841.png

Anyone know how to resolve this issuewith Outlook  when you can't remember the password? Virgn technical support gave up on me.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sods wrote:

Anyone know how to resolve this issuewith Outlook  when you can't remember the password?

The image in your post has been rejected by the forum moderators because it shows your email address. That's been done in your best interest because posting your email address on open forum is a great way of ensuring your email address gets picked up by spammers and scammers.😉

However as a (supposedly   😀) "Very Insightful Person" on the forum I can view the image and see the problem.

There are two ways you can reset the password:

1) If you have a broadband contract with VM (or your email account is linked to someone-else's VM broadband account)

If so do you remember the password to your 'My Virgin Media' account, that's the one where you can view your VN bills and package details?

You (or the account holder) can change your email password by signing in to My Virgin Media,  https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn   and going to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts. 

2)  If you no longer have a VM broadband account or your email account is no longer linked to a live VM broadband account held by someone-else:

You can try resetting the email password from here  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  by entering your email address and following the prompts. You will have to supply some security information to prove you are entitled to change the password.

However, most importantly, you need to set up an new email account with an email provider because  your VM email account could be deleted by VM at any time, indeed looking at the Outlook error the process may have already completed. According to VM's terms and conditions only current VM broadband customers are entitled to use VM email accounts. Sadly, VM do not send a warning before they delete an "orphan" email account.

I hope that is useful information

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Sods,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

Have you been able to follow the great advice from @coenoby and get your Outlook issue resolved? 

Regards,

Steven_L