cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for @ntlworld.com and cannot connect to server.

Davlie
Joining in

Task: Synchronizing subscribed folders for @ntlworld.com, reported error (0X800CCC0E).Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for @ntlworld.com. Error, cannot connect to the server.  Contact your service provider.

This is an intermitent problem, syncing will take place for a few days, then I receive the above message and no synchrochnizing takes place.

Please can you HELP 

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Davlie wrote:

Task: Synchronizing subscribed folders for @ntlworld.com, reported error (0X800CCC0E).Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for @ntlworld.com. Error, cannot connect to the server.  Contact your service provider.

I occasionally get that error in Outlook. However, I always just click on "SEND / RECEIVE" in Outlook and get it to try again. 9 times out of 10 it works that time

It would be worth checking to ensure that Outlook is using the server settings recommended by Virgin Media :

• imap.virginmedia.com with Port: 993
  • smtp.virginmedia.com with Port 465
  • and that encryption method is set to 'SSL/TLS'

The old legacy .ntlworld.com servers and settings should still work but the new ones are better. 😉

Here is a link on how to update them in Outlook https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-update-settings-in-microsoft-outlook  Just scroll down and click on the IMAP server box bottom right.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Coenoby, a very helpful response.

I found one setting that required updating and email account is now working okay. Thank you.

Davlie

Hi Davlie,

We're glad to hear this is all resolved for you now.

^Martin