cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook MAC - sent items not appearing on server / other devices

MrBenj
On our wavelength

I've had a look through the forum but can't find anything and wonder if anyone else has this issue.

I use a MAC and have Outlook set up. If I send an e-mail, it will appear in the sent folder within Outlook but not on the ntlworld server and indeed any other device. If I sent through the apple mail client, it appears on the server and all devices.

I've deleted the account and have tried adding again but to no avail. The account details are added automatically too and so I can't amend them.

Many thanks in advance

Mark

8 REPLIES 8

jem101
Superstar

How do you have the connection setup in Outlook POP3 or IMAP?

MrBenj
On our wavelength

Hi Jem

Thanks for answering.

All of my devices are set up as “imap”

Mark

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mail on:

• MacOS, select Mail > Preferences… > mail account name > Mailbox Behaviours > Sent Mailbox > Sent under On My Mac
  • iOS, select Settings > Mail > Accounts > mail account name  > Account name > Advanced > Sent mailbox > Sent under On My iPhone

to store sent emails on device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MrBenj
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for your reply / help.

It's Microsoft Outlook for Mac thatI'm having the issues with, not the OS Mail client.

Mark

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My mistake., sorry.

Hopefully other community members more experienced with Outlook on MacOS will be able to assist.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe of help… select Outlook > Preferences > Accounts > IMAP account > Advanced > Folder (tab) and confirm folder settings are correct; should further help be needed post a redacted screenshot the window.

MrBenj
On our wavelength

Many thanks for replying.

I’ve tried playing with that setting but sadly Outlook won’t allow any settings to be changed.

for some reason you can’t add an account manually either so if I delete the account and add it again, all of the settings are configured automatically.

Thanks again. I think I’m going to have to switch to the MAC OS mail client.

mark

chrisgal
Tuning in

Hello, I had similar problem, I sorted it doing this.

Delete your email account, access the Tools menu, then Accounts then select " Add account" (click the + sign). Enter the email address, before selecting continue, click not imap and next uncheck the "Sync with Microsoft Cloud " option. Select IMAP and add your account's configuration details. all sorted.

Chris