cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing emails all show 0 bytes for size

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

Since the VM outage on 19 June all my outgoing emails show an email size of 0 bytes.  Does anyone know why this is happening and how the problem could be fixed?  It affects my outgoing emails only, not the incoming ones.

16 REPLIES 16

What device are you accessing Outlook from?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

I'm accessing Outlook from my desktop PC.  I'd be very grateful if you could give me the steps I would need to follow to remove and re-add my mailbox from Outlook.  I need the guidance to be simple and jargon-free as I am not very tech-savvy.  Also, I have two mailboxes in Outlook but only the @virginmedia.com mailbox is affected by this problem.  Would I have to remove and re-add both or just the mailbox with the problem?  Thank you for your help with this.

Have you checked message properties under File -> Properties to see if the correct size is reported there?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

In Outlook, when I click on File, there is no mention of Properties in the File menu list.  I assume you mean the File tab to the left of the Home tab as shown below?  [Really sorry but I have to go now.  Would it be ok if we pick up again tomorrow?]

Lupin2_0-1688922180581.png

Hi @Lupin-2,

Thank you for the update. I am very sorry to hear that the issue is ongoing.

As the problem appears to only be present on a third party email client/app then the advice we can provide from here would be limited, but it would be best to remove and then re-add the email account as my colleague mentioned earlier to see if this helps to alleviate the issue.

If you're unsure on how to go about doing this, you should be able to find steps listed on the Microsoft website which will help guide you through it step-by-step.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

OK, thanks Zach.  I'll check out the Microsoft website and get back to you if the problem remains unresolved after removing and re-adding the email account.

No worries at all please do keep us updated. cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?