cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphaned Email Accounts

Craigt90
Joining in

Hi all,

My dad left virgin about 3 years ago and has recently rejoined in september/october and the guy he spoke to when he signed up said that they could add the old virgin email addresses (4/3 which we are still receiving emails on) to the new account.

Since then they have stated that they are unable to do this but i have seen on the forum other people have been able to do this so just wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

jem101
Superstar

The criteria for being able to successfully do a move and transfer, as it is called, are quite specific but from what I know it would seem possible to do this in your case.

I have escalated this thread to the forum staff, one of whom should see it and offer to get in touch by private message, probably tomorrow now, and see what can be done.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for this!

Hey @Craigt90,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I will be happy to take a look into this for you but would need to take some details from you via a private message, so that we can get you through account security and the issue looked into further. 

Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

I am no further forward with this issue it is still not fixed.

I contacted Virgin via the telephone with my father as Paul_DN suggested they said they would come back to us, still waiting that was two months ago.

We are now getting fraudulent phishing emails on these accounts telling us to click links to reset passwords, they are clearly fake. It is worrying that this issue has now progressed to fraudsters now having the information that there are issues with the emails and trying to exploit this.

We need this resolved as a matter of urgency.

Craig

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Craigt90,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry that this is not resolved for you yet.

I can see that to spoke to us previously, did you ever get an update on your IT ticket that was raised?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

No response from either the IT ticket or the telephone enquiry as we were advised to do.

As stated we are now recieving phishing emails as a consequence of this issue and we need it resolved as a matter of urgency.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry to hear that - I will pop you over a PM now so I can discuss this further for you.

In the meantime, please forward these emails to phishing@virginmedia.com and head here for more advice on how to deal with these types of emails.

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Craig,

I've spoken with our IT Team and they've said that everything is showing correctly on this end, and there should be no reason why you cannot view the emails from your profile.

They've asked if you can change the My Virgin Media primary account password to something new and try having another look? I would also recommend trying a new browser.

Also, if you have a screenshot of where you're unable to see the other mailboxes, that would be great. Just make sure to blur out any personal details. Please remember that the mail accounts will only be visible when signed into the primary account.

Thanks

Beth