cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphaned Account - Oct 2021

John_B2021
Tuning in

Hi,

I signed up for a virgin email account when they started and seem to remember it was marketed at the time as an "e-mail address for life" ...and have been using my ....@virgin.net e-mail address ever since, quite happily. I even worked for Virgin for a while.

Then last week .. cut off ... no warning, no offer to upgrade, nothing ... just stopped.

It might have been polite to at least notify me?

No I'm not a VM customer and searching online suspect that it might be tagged as an "orphaned account"

Anyway of getting this back? Sign up for something?

34 REPLIES 34

Hi Ashleigh, no there is no active broadband account associated with the email address. I left VM some 6 years ago

Hi deepdhaliwal,

As you have advised you no longer have an account associated with the email, we can no longer support this, the only thing we can do is request for the Email to be permanently deleted.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response however it should have been clear I was no longer a VM customer given that I am posting in a thread about orphaned accounts!?

In this very thread another forum member was able to resurrect the account of the OP so why have you instantly dismissed the option for me? This is exactly the kind of response I've been getting on the phone and on whatsapp for over a week now! 

Can someone competent and able at least have a look at getting the account back for me please? to reiterate, I have sent test emails to the account and NOT received any bounce back so am assuming it is still live somewhere.

yes, I have learnt my lesson and will move to a new non ISP email address, but I need access to retrieve important emails and documents before doing so. I was told i could continue using the email address when i left VM and have been blissfully doing so for 6 years. It is simply unacceptable to close and delete it without any kind of warning.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deepdhaliwal  This is one of the pitfalls of adding to an old thread rather than starting a new one.  The case that you refer to was nine months ago.  There has been significant change to Virgin Media Mail since then in that new email accounts are no longer available to VM customers.  This may mean that the IT department are no longer able to restore orphaned accounts even temporarily.

However, I will ask the Forum Team to return and check the actual status of your address.  They should be able to ensure that it is completely deleted so as to reject email sent to it, but may not be able to get a temporary reprieve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello deepdhaliwal,

Thanks for your reply. 

I can take a look at getting you temporary access to the email address. 

I do however need to advise it may not be possible, but lets try anyway.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L