cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original email.

Morphthecat
Joining in

The email that I signed up to Virgin media a few years ago is no longer active. However Virgin keeps sending renewed  contracts and notifications to that old address despite showing an updated email address under my profile. I can't see a way of changing this anywhere and customer services can't do anything about it either. As a result I've missed several emails and deadlines telling me of changes to my contract price. 

Please advise!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issues and the amendments suggested were not enough to change the e-mail on the VM end. 

I suggest you chat with them via WhatsApp/WEBchat or give them a call. Based on what the call centre people said, there is no communication between detail amended by you on your account and  VM client profile they use on their end. But then again, I'm sure we all know whom we have to deal with over the phone when calling this company. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morphthecat wrote:

However Virgin keeps sending renewed  contracts and notifications to that old address despite showing an updated email address under my profile. I can't see a way of changing this anywhere and customer services can't do anything about it either.

I presume that you have been through this process to change your contact email address so your contact address has been updated but all I can suggest is that you try change it again.

Click on "Change >" to the right of the Contact email address and try with another email account. The updated contact email address has to be a non Virgin Media address, so Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo etc. (Mine is showing @ntlworld.com because I have never updated my contact address.)

VM send a verification email to your existing contact address and you have to action that before the update becomes effective.

Apologies if that does not help.

Coenoby

change contact email.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I had the same issues and the amendments suggested were not enough to change the e-mail on the VM end. 

I suggest you chat with them via WhatsApp/WEBchat or give them a call. Based on what the call centre people said, there is no communication between detail amended by you on your account and  VM client profile they use on their end. But then again, I'm sure we all know whom we have to deal with over the phone when calling this company. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Morphthecat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with updating your email address. 

As well as updating this online through My VM, you would also need to update this with the teams. We can do this for you at this end to ensure any future email notifications go to the right address. I will need to pass data protection with you though so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Morphthecat, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to let me know things are resolved now. 

We're really happy to hear this. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs