cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online email error "Forbidden"

ARG1UK
Up to speed

This week I've had exactly this issue as many others on here have. Yes, Ive read the forum posts and tried everything they recommended including those from Virgin but still the same error.

It has been perfectly fine for year upon year before this week, but now I cant sign into my emails "online" no matter what browser I use.

I've used all those recommended by the posts on here, chrome, Firefox etc etc. I've tried to access the emails on my laptop, iPad and phones via different browsers but get the same "Forbidden" message. 

Strange as using outlook on my desktop PC its fine, but a real pain when I'm out and need access online!

please fix asap

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ARG1UK 👋 welcome back! Thank you for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about this issue with your email service. 

To investigate and offer further support with this we will need to have a look at your account and try manually resetting the email with you to see if this fixes the issue. If not, we may need to also raise an IT ticket. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer support with this. You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! I will return to this public thread with another update when possible. 

All the best! 🌞

Molly

ok.

Ive tried again today and still get the forbidden message. Emails are working fine with Outlook on my desktop pc

Agent has been helpful but issue not totally resolved. Initially we changed the password and that allowed me to log in online, but outlook wouldn't accept the new password. Now I cant log in to my virgin media online account, nor online emails using either the new or old password, and outlook wont accept either so I'm up the creek without another virgin media paddle. And now even the agent has gone quiet so I'm stuffed. grrrrr this is why after 13+ years I am seriously thinking of ditching VM

So I ring 150..... am told they cant discuss it with a 3rd party even though my name is listed as having full authority to deal with any issues on our account what a mess

And still no access to emails either online or via outlook. Outlook was blinking working till they tinkered! now I have got nothing

It would be useful if someone from VM who actually knows what they are doing (If they do indeed exist) would get in touch and sort this once and for all. You're quick to take the DD each month but slow on everything else!

Molly was helpfulbut may have had to leave? this isnt her fault in the slightest.

Hi ARG1UK, thank you for also keeping the public side of this thread updated!

I do appreciate these kinds of issues can be terribly frustrating.

Sadly the forum is not an instant response service so reply times can vary based on staff working hours and availability. 
I have since replied to your PM and continued to offer support along with help for some of the other service issues you also mentioned. I will continue to support with this and hopefully get them sorted! I can also raise a complaint for you if you wish as a result of the experience. Just let me know and I will raise this for you! 

I will return to this public side of the thread with another update when possible. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly