cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my email accounts disabled

Plymchick
Joining in

I have a second email linked to my account that is showing as being disabled. How do I get it made back to active? There is nothing in the settings to do this.

Plymchick_0-1677924276642.png

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need to change the password for the virginmedia email address concerned via its My Virgin Media account as follows:

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

Once you have done this go back to the webmail page shown in the screenshot and click on edit to the right of the disabled account.  In the edit window enter the new password that you have set and then click save.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's not a password issue. It's a second email linked to my main account which I can access. 

I phoned Virgin Media but they told me they couldn't put me through to the technical department and to use this Forum instead.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Plymchick wrote:

It's not a password issue. It's a second email linked to my main account which I can access. 

I phoned Virgin Media but they told me they couldn't put me through to the technical department and to use this Forum instead.

It is not a password issue directly however the most likely cause is that the email account concerned has been locked by the VM security team.  Changing the password for the email account generally unlocks the account but can take up to an hour after the password change.

What happens if you sign into the email address concerned directly via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ? Make sure you do this in a private/incognito browser window, or make sure you sign out of your primary account before checking.  I would not be at all surprised if you see a 'mailbox not available at the moment' type of message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I changed the password on the secondary account to match the same as my primary email address and then tried to sign into the secondary one and got this error:

Plymchick_0-1677929342187.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It isn't a good idea from a security point of view to use the same password as your primary account.

When logged into the Account Settings> account details page of the primary account scroll down to the section Manage other My Virgin Media accounts.

Does the problem email address appear in the list of other accounts?

I couldn't remember my old password and planned on changing it once I logged in - just did it to see if I could gain access.

The first screenshot is on my primary account which shows it as being disabled. Since changing the password it now shows as:

Plymchick_0-1677930799593.png

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Plymchick,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with this, just so we can gain a further understanding I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain