Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old ntlworld email address needs deleting

Hi,

I cancelled my contract last October and was advised that my email would be closed down after 90 days.

I've still been able to send and receive emails from my account as I still have it linked to my mobile but I'm unable to access it via the Virgin Media portal.

I no longer use this address and recently my account has been hacked and I have no way of changing the password. It's driving me insane as the hacker is also trying to get into my Facebook account.    (It's still set as my primary email on Facebook and I can't change it but that's another issue that Facebook need to sort out).

I phoned the call centre yesterday and was told the account was disabled and the email address couldn't be deleted. There are two, a primary and secondary email that need deleting. Anyone able to help please? I've read on other posts on this forum that it's possible for them to be deleted so can't understand why it can't be done!

Thanks in advance.

Kat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old ntlworld email address needs deleting

Hi KatMc77, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your old VM email address. We'll be happy to get this sorted out.

I will PM you shortly requesting some details & explain the next steps going forwards.

Speak soon,

Tom_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old ntlworld email address needs deleting

Consider raising this issue with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

0 Kudos