cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ntl.com email password hacked.

HANn23
Joining in

Hoping someone here can help. We were with VM for years, left for a short stint to another provider, at which point we were told our old ntlworld emails would be closed down within 90 days, this was years ago and never happened. My email account has been hacked, they've messaged me with my password to the account as headline along with threats, and multiple attempts to access older accounts with just the email. From chorley to Russia. I've tried phoning VM to which the response is its not our problem, to writing a complaint in which they advise to change our now VM account password....which won't work because even at the time our account password was different to our various email passwords but now the emails are not linked in anyway to our new account (hope that makes sense)? I just need the email shutting down and have no way to do this, or to change the password. Advice please 🙏🏻 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The email that you received is a common scam and it is very unlikely that the miscreants have actually hacked your old email account.

The VM Forum Team should be able to arrange for the old email address to be fully deleted when they reach this thread tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HANn23,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your NTL.com Email has been hacked, as you are no longer with us I will be more than happy to arrange permanent deletion of the Email, so I can get some further information and clear security, I will send yoou an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HANn23,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for the information allowing me to get your old hacked Emails permanently deleted, as advised it can take up to 10 days once an I T ticket is raised however it is usually faster, in the meantime if you needed any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.