cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old email account not working

Lindsays1959
Joining in

My husband has an email account (virgin.net) that we use for everything, he set it up in the days of dial up modem and we access this through outlook.  On July 27th the email stopped working, I contacted virgin who said the account had been locked due to suspicious activity ???? they said we need to change the password, we could not access the account to do this so virgin changed it, still didn't work, another call and another password reset and still not working... this has been going on every day and still no resolve.  Tickets were raised etc with a promise of a resolve or call back with 5 days (nothing). On Friday 5th Aug I got put through to 2nd line support (supposedly) and the lady I spoke to appeared to be very helpful and said she knew what the issue was but needed to speak to her supervisor to be able to do something but that her supervisor had gone home and could she call me back on Monday between 3 and 4 to resolve it.  No phone call, so once again I called virgin to get the same situation eg wanting to change the password, she has now raised another ticket (I think) and has said it will be approx 5 working days....  Can anyone please help, we need to have access to this email as we use this for everything.

10 REPLIES 10

Lindsays1959
Joining in

Hiya

I am having a nightmare with Virgin and our virgin.net email account, its stopped working on 27th July and nobody at Virgin seems to be able to fix it.  How do you manage to sort yours.  Grateful of any help.  We have 2 emails one that we use to log into my virgin media for virgin bills etc and a separate one we have had since 1993 and this is the one that is no longer working.

Thanks

Lindsay

Sololobo
Superstar

See this "sticky" post for a possible explanation as to why your email account is not working: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

You should set up another account, preferably one not tied to an ISP, and prepare yourself for the loss of your Virgin email account and all its content. Virgin staff may be able to provided you with access to save your legacy emails, but as you are not actually a customer this may not be an option.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi we are Virgin customers but not sure we will be for much longer.  I have spent every day since the 27th July on to them and each time I get a promise of a call and have had nothing at all. Losing the will

Is your virgin.net account showing within the Manage Accounts of your MyVM?

If not, Virgin may be able to associate your virgin.net email address to your current VM account, but at the loss of any other email addresses currently in use.

There have been several major changes recently in how email addresses are managed and administered, Virgin Media staff will have to investigate what can be done.

Hopefully one of them will pick up on your post soon.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi @Lindsays1959

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email account.

Just to clarify, the email address that you can no longer access, is that linked to your current active broadband account with us?

Is your virgin.net account showing within the Manage Accounts section of your My Virgin Media online account?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki

we have had a virgin.net email account since 1993 when it was dial up. When we joined virgin for broadband, phone, tv etc and set up our account we weren’t able to use the virgin.net email so had to create a virginmedia.com email. Our old account is accessed via webmail and through outlook. We have never had any issues until now.

Sorry the virgin.net account in question does not show in our account and we can’t add it as a link goes to the email which we have no access to.

Thank you @Lindsays1959

If the email address is not linked to an active broadband account, this will likely be the reason you can no longer access.

Any email accounts not linked to a live account, should be closed within 90 days of the account closing. In some instances, this can be missed and the email account can stay active much longer than they should.

I will send you a private message so I can get some further details to see if there is anything we can do to temporarily retrieve this. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Any luck Vikki