Menu
Yorkiebar1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Old Ntlworld email removal

Can someone remove my old ntlworld email. It's been hacked and they have been trying to get into a load of my old accounts, Iv'e secured everything now but they are still attempting to hack it.

Yorkiebar1

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Ntlworld email removal

"old ntlworld email"? What do you mean?

Many users have "old" email addresses that work just fine, others have new email addresses that have issues. Old doesn't necessarily mean crocked, new doesn't necessarily mean good.

Perhaps you mean an email account associated with an "old" and now defunct VM broadband account?  Perhaps not. Enlighten us.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Yorkiebar1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is related to an old ntl account that was then added to virgin media years ago. A now defunct account! I think I made it clear to the average person that this was an old account and its been hacked! Do you work for virgin? And can you solve this problem? If not....jog on, and I'd appreciate less smug answers in the future!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SDC doesn't work for VM. Like the rest of us who come to this Forum to help he is a another VM user with considerable experience of VM's systems which is why he asked you the questions he did. Because dependent on your answer depends the course of advice we would recommend to fix the issue.  The successful operation of this community Forum depends on a reasonable dialogue between reasonable people. Let us keep it that way please.

On the assumption that this NTL address is properly associated with your current VM broadband account you can delete it yourself through My Virginmedia. If it is not associated that way then you will have to wait here for a VM Forum Team member to pick up this thread and offer to help you. That can take up to a week given the volume of posts. They are all dealt with in strict date order.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am very average Smiley Wink, and I was not clear about your original question.  And you didn't even say "please".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Yorkiebar1
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

MOD EDIT: Post removed, please see Forum guidelines

The Dos

• Be respectful and courteous of others. Respect the fact that everyone has different opinions and debates should be healthy and never offensive.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You do realise that this is a Community Help and Support Forum.

The whole idea of the Forum is that users come together to help other users (which is what SDC was trying to do)  Virgin Media do get involved but it can take up to 7 days to do so.

The Forum Team will get to the thread but it can take them up to 7 days to do so.

I do have some advice to offer though as it's not clear if you currently have access to the account, or whether you are locked out.

If you are locked out you can use the forgotten password screen to change the password.  It'll ask you for some security answers (note that some people have found that they have to put the answers in upper case).

This may help you regain control of the account and lock the hackers out of it while we wait for the Forum Team to get here.

Tim

Note:  You can get to the forgotten password screen using the sign in links for Email or My Virgin Media at the top of this page.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Yorkiebar1
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

First of all, thankyou for a polite non condescending reply. I am aware of how the forum works and am waiting for VM to sort this out as it's a 20 year old account that I haven't used for a long time and have no access to. I would have replied more courteously had the previous responses been a bit more adult. I should have put, I am aware that No one can help until VM get to this mail.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

but by replying in the way you did you are pretty much trolling other forum members.

If you didn't want a reply from the community then maybe the community forum wasn't the best place to ask the question.

@ModTeam can this one be dealt with and deleted asap if it's being accessed and you can remind people of the house rules while you are here 🙂

Use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Yorkiebar1.

All sorted, please check my PM for confirmation.

Kind wishes 🙂

Jen
Forum Team