cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Ntlworld email account hacked - cant reset password

wisewoman
Joining in

Hello,

I'm no longer with virginmedia but my old ntlworld email address has continued to work for years until now - Its not my main email address so its not as troublesome as it could be but it apears to have been hacked.  I would like to regain access but am unable to reset the password from within this virgin website as I am not a current customer and the accoutn haas now stopped working. Please can someone tell me how to dgo about dealing with this?

Thankyou,

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wisewoman wrote:

I would like to regain access but am unable to reset the password from within this virgin website as I am not a current customer and the accoutn haas now stopped working. Please can someone tell me how to dgo about dealing with this?

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news.

However, if you are no longer a Virgin Media broadband customer it is very likely that the email account has been, or is in the course of, being closed down by Virgin Media. That crops up quite regularly  on this forum.

VM's terms and conditions do make it clear that in order to use of a VM email account you need to be a broadband customer. See section D 6 here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions#broadband 

In practise VM often seem to leave email accounts open for years before they get round to closing them and that seems to be the cased here. This often causes unnecessary confusion because people then think that the email account will remain open indefinitely. Also, VM never seem to give any warning before closing the account,

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in a day or so. It is sometimes possible for them to restore temporary access to an account to allow any information (contacts etc) stored in the account to be downloaded. The Forum Team will advise you on whether that is possible in your case.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @wisewoman,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the inconvenience with your Email.

After dealing with many of these, I can say that it has become clear that we are unable to help with deleted email accounts, if you are not an active customer with us for Media. I understand that this is not ideal, but this is detailed in your T&Cs when you joined us years ago, that once you disconnect from our services your email will deactivate 90 days after. Even though this did not take place, the system has been catching up with non active accounts and automatically doing this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide