cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old NTLWORLD email

Jill2207
Joining in

Can anyone advise on how to cancel an old ntlworld email address sitting on Virgin Media's server that is no longer accessible? I have tried calling Virgin Media and getting nowhere! Terrible company! The old email address is still receiving emails that they are not giving me access to but are not bouncing back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jill2207 wrote:

Can anyone advise on how to cancel an old ntlworld email address sitting on Virgin Media's server that is no longer accessible?

I take it you no longer have a VM broadband contract? I only ask that because if you do it might be possible to delete the email account yourself.

Even if you are not VM broadband customer, the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can still arrange to get the account deleted for you,

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take the details by Private Message.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jill2207 wrote:

Can anyone advise on how to cancel an old ntlworld email address sitting on Virgin Media's server that is no longer accessible?

I take it you no longer have a VM broadband contract? I only ask that because if you do it might be possible to delete the email account yourself.

Even if you are not VM broadband customer, the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can still arrange to get the account deleted for you,

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take the details by Private Message.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you for your response.  I am no longer a VM customer, so hopefully someone will contact me to get it deleted.

Jill

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jill2207 wrote: hopefully someone will contact me to get it deleted.

Jill

Oh they will, but it might take a day or so before you hear from them.

Coenoby

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Jill2207,

Welcome to the community.

Just to clarify regarding this, has the account been disconnected for more than 90 days?

Let us know,

Kain

The account was disconnected well over 5 years ago, can't remember exactly how long it is since I was a VM customer but I still had access to my ntlworld email via VM archive server up until last week.

Jill

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jill2207,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues with your old email we can get this removed for you, I will pop you over a PM now, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Zoie