cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old NTL world e-mail has been hacked

smiffy1310
Joining in

Hi all,

I moved house 6 months ago and got a new e-mail provider as VM didn't cover the new area, we were told that our old e-mail account would be closed after 3 months. It's still working 6 months later and last week it got hacked. After several attempts to get it shut down immediately it is still operating. I can't access it as the e-mail login has been reset by the hacker. He has now hacked my linkedin and facebook accounts.

I can't reset the password on these accounts as they are linked to my old VM e-mail address. Why can't VM just put the account on hold until they close it as he is doing more and more harm to my social media accounts the longer he has access to these e-mails.

Can a mod do something about this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi smiffy1310, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that your former email address is still active and has been compromised.  I am also sorry to hear of any inconvenience or distress this may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee