Menu
Highlighted
Orion42
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old NTL email address

Please help meSmiley Happy

My old NTL email address that I have had for years has been compromised. I am now getting dozens of undelivered message alerts from: mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com

I am still an existing Virgin customer with a different email, but when I call they just can't understand what I am talking about.

Please can someone help me to understand what I need to do to close the old NTL email down, or if changing the password will help. If changing the password will help, I will also need someone to tell me how to do that; as they could not help me with this when I called virgin media.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old NTL email address

We like to help but underlining all your text makes it hard to read and doesn't encourage involvement from other users who are usually the first responders on the Forum.

The mailer.daemon@ v etc messages are a bit of a concern. Suggests unauthorised access to your account.

Here are help files you need to follow to change your password which will help. This is on the basis that your ntlworld address is properly linked to your current VM broadband account. If it isn't come back for more guidance (but no underlining this time please)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-compromised-mailbox-alert

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Orion42
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

my old NTL email address is not link to my Virgin account, thats why I am having issues getting this resolved.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Orion42
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

my old NTL email address is not link to my Virgin account, thats why I am having issues getting this resolved.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Orion42,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this, but I'll be able to assist you today.

I'll pop you a quick PM now. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos