cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old NTL email address issue.

trevsapper
Joining in

Hi, I have an issue my old NTL email address. It has been reported by Mcafee that it has been found on the dark web. I did get in touch a while ago with Virgin Media to get the email address deleted. Which I thought had been done. Can this be looked at?
Kind Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi trevsapper,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. We will certainly get this checked for you straight away, when did you ask for your email address to be deleted?

This should normally happen 90- days after your disconnection.

I will send this off to our IT team so we can make sure the email address has been permanently deleted for you.

I will pop you over a private message tp take some details from you. 

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi trevsapper,

Just a quick note to advise you I have now raised an IT ticket for you old NTL world email to be permanently deleted as you requested. I have sent you a private message with the IT reference number for you.

This process normally takes between 5-7 working days.

If you have any further issues, please come back to me through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, I got a call today from VM on my home phone.

saying the account was deleted. She said I needed to go into my account to delete. 
She tried to talk me though it and said I could only do it through the app. Unfortunately I couldn’t do it.

I’ve attached a screenshot showing the problem. There’s no edit icon.F2F7B5F1-3F18-416B-9CB4-0AF897744836.jpeg

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@trevsapper @Jodi_S  That screen shot cannot be shown publicly but does suggest that the email address concerned is the primary email address on your VM webmail account.  If this is the case the email account cannot be deleted but the attached mailbox should eventually be deleted as long as you don't access it for 150 days. The email address will then only work as the log on username for your broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Trevsapper, so sorry to hear of these difficulties getting the secondary email deleted. I have updated your IT ticket to reflect the issues you have been having, and I can see IT are due to give you a further call back - I do hope we are able to get this sorted for you in the callback. Please keep us updated so we can offer further support if needed!

All the best. 

Molly