cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Blueyonder email account

RayPugh69
Tuning in

Hi 

I have a blueyonder.co.uk email account setup on my mobile but have forgotten the password.

I am trying to setup a new phone with the account on but am unable to reset the password.

When I try and reset the password I get this.

Oops, we've ran into a problem.

Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

Any help would be welcome.

Ray

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RayPugh69 wrote:

When I try and reset the password I get this.................

If you do not know the current password then the only way you can reset the password is via the "Forgot your password" link.   https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password   So I assume you were using  using this link when you  got that error message? 

That process will only work if the email account has a "Password recovery question set". That's a fairly recent change  and so it is unlikely that you have set one.

If you are currently a Virgin Media broadband customer the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will be able to help you. One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and should be able to help you. 

Sadly, if you are no longer a VM broadband customer they will be very limited in what they can do for you.

The reason for that is that according to VM's broadband terms and conditions, 90 days after a broadband contracted is closed VM should delete any email accounts linked to that broadband account. In reality VM often let such email accounts linger on for years and so ex customers often just assumed their email account would always be there.

Finally though, if you ever access your Blueyonder email account via the VM webmail service on the VM website, there is one other  option you could try.

Browsers usually store account passwords so you could go to the browser you used to access the webmail account and do an online search for "show saved passwords in...." chrome, safari, firefox " or whichever browser you use. That should give the instructions to view your saved passwords in your browser. Just check through the list of saved passwords to see if it has your Blueyonder email password.

That could get you out of your immediate problem but if you are no longer a VM broadband customer VM could delete that email account at anytime. VM no longer issues new email accounts and they do appear to be having a purge on closing email accounts that are no longer linked to a broadband account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Yeah still a loyal Virgin Media customer.  

All help welcome.

Ray

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RayPugh69 

Thanks for the update. That's good news because it means the Forum Team should be able to help you.

One of them should contact via this thread hopefully later today.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi RayPugh69,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with resetting your email address password.

I am more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin