cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Blueyonder Email Account hacked

pblunn08
Joining in

Hi all,

even though we havent been VM customers for several years now, my wife and I still notice a few emails coming through against our old Blueyonder email accounts. Which isnt an issue until last week when my wife noticed strange emails from various sources saying she had changed her username/password, etc.. which obviously means her account has been hacked.

I was hoping that someone may be able to assist in recommending how to get these account shutdown permanently asap, in order to try to minimise the disruption.

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pblunn08,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to hear this. Will pop you a PM now so we can grab some details and request for the email account to be deleted 🙂

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pblunn08 wrote:

I was hoping that someone may be able to assist in recommending how to get these account shutdown permanently asap, in order to try to minimise the disruption.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum can arrange that for you. They will pick up on your post in a day or so and contact via this thread. They will take the details from you via the Forum's private message (PM) function and get the account closed.

Watch out for a message from them 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thats great, thanks for the information.

I'll keep an eye out, hopefully, it wont take too long.

Thanks again.

Phil.

Hi @pblunn08,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to hear this. Will pop you a PM now so we can grab some details and request for the email account to be deleted 🙂

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @pblunn08

Just popping an update here. Our IT team have confirmed the mailbox has been deleted. 

Feel free to give us a shout if you need us for anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team