Menu
marcho
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Offic e 365, Outlook 2016 and Virgin Media Email

Hi, I've been using office 365 for some months with two email accounts no problem.  last few days I was getting occasional error message when syncing email and had to try a couple of times. Suddenly I could never load down email.  So I tried deleting my outlook email account to reinstall it.  Now I can't set up a new account it just gives an error "we couldn't connect to incoming Imap server".  I can access the internet via a browser but any links tell me I don't have internet connection?

I can access my email by my mobile phone or tablet but not outlook!

Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offic e 365, Outlook 2016 and Virgin Media Email

Hi marcho,

I'd like to help with this if I'm able.

What was the error message you received originally before you decided to delete and re-setup?
When setting up your account again in Outlook please ensure you have the correct server settings.

One further question - does the same issue occur on a different device (worth trying if you've not already done so)?

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
marcho
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offic e 365, Outlook 2016 and Virgin Media Email

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I finally contacted MS help and they advised creating a new Outlook profile.  This did solve the problem!

So I don't know what the problem actually was but does not appear to be Virgin end.

I could successfully create the email accounts again in the new profile.

BTW it was only when using Outlook mobile or tablet was fine.  My wife on separate PC with Outlook could still access her email as normal.

Ian