Menu
AileenEdin
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OX App screen on logging in to email

I get a blue Ox App Suite screen which redirects in a loop when I try to log into my blueyonder email when I use Chrome. I have deleted cookies and browser history but it still doesn't work. I can log in fine with Avast but that is not my chosen browser.

This is an ongoing issue. It seems to resolve itself and then recurs a few weeks later.

Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: OX App screen on logging in to email

In Chrome open an incognito window (Ctrl + Shift + N), does the issue still occur?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
AileenEdin
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that works, and it also works when I use Avast. However my favoured browser is Chrome. Good news is, I managed to fix it myself in Chrome earlier.

I see this Ox App Suite log in issue has been raised by several other customers recently. The following post was made on 21 April by a member of the Forum Team:

"We're aware of the issue and have raised this for investigation, the ticket number for this is F007966566 although at this early stage we don't have an estimated fix time for this."

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There was a specific issue in April that generated that fault ticket. It was subsequently resolved.

The screen you saw earlier does appear occasionally and is generally caused by a corrupt browser cache or cookie.  Hence the advice you received.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Edmond18
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I am getting the same issue with the OX App Suite screen. I originally started getting it on Chrome about 6 months or more ago. I switched to using Edge for Webmail (but I believe after a recent Edge upgrade) but I'm now getting the issue on Edge as well. Have tried deleting cookies, etc on both Chrome and Edge but neither seems to work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmond18,

Have you tried running Edge or Chrome in an incognito window as that worked for other people?

Edge is Ctrl+Shift+P

Chrome is Ctrl+Shift+N

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Edmond18
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Newapollo,

Many thanks. Tried the Incognito window in Chrome and it worked first time.

Thanks again,

Edmond.

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And that tells you something. Incognito/private browsing mode ignores any stored cookies on your device. As it works it must mean that you haven't purged all the virginmedia.com cookies when you are running in normal mode on either browser. One of those cookies is damaged and causing the failure the load VM web mail properly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos