cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OIder emails

martgriff2000
Tuning in

I use webmail - mail2.virginmeadia.com.  My email suffix is @virgin.net

I can only see Trash messages going back 8 days or so.  I need to retrieve an older message from January.

How can I access older messages that I have "deleted".

I am only using 4.5GB of my 25GB quota.

Thanks

MG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM webmail automatically clears out the Trash folder on a regular basis so if the deleted message is no longer in Trash it is gone for ever.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM webmail automatically clears out the Trash folder on a regular basis so if the deleted message is no longer in Trash it is gone for ever.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks.

Can I control this - it seems to clear after a week?

I have plenty of storage space, but this leaves little room for error.  My error admittedly!

M

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martgriff2000 wrote:

Thanks.

Can I control this - it seems to clear after a week?

I have plenty of storage space, but this leaves little room for error.  My error admittedly!

M

No it can't be user controlled.  The system empties the trash folder automatically.

If you want to retain items for longer move them to a different folder rather than trash.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A possible workflow to manage delayed deletion of emails in webmail is to set the colour flag of a message that you wish to delete and then when ready to review:

• sort folder by colour
• work through list of messages either:  
  • deleting  
  • leaving for later review  
  • set colour flag to None to signify it is to be kept
• restore sort order

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you both.

Seems obvious now you say it, but it wasn't until you did!

Cheers.

Hi Martgriff2000, thank you for posting.

A huge thank you to the community for supporting you to get this resolved!

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

All the best. 

Molly