cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld server switched off

Sabdin
Joining in

Lost access to my ntlworld emails on all devices. Rang virgin on 150 and told ntlworld servers are being shutdown and I have permanently lost my email, including all saved emails. They stated I must create a new google or hotmail email. Has anyone else had the same problems. Nightmare remembering all the places I have used this email account over the decades. Will take weeks to change them all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sabdin wrote:

Lost access to my ntlworld emails on all devices. Rang virgin on 150 and told ntlworld servers are being shutdown and I have permanently lost my email, including all saved emails. They stated I must create a new google or hotmail email. Has anyone else had the same problems. Nightmare remembering all the places I have used this email account over the decades. Will take weeks to change them all. 

Sadly you have been told absolute rubbish.

Provided that the Ntlworld email address concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account follow the instructions here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked/td-p/4808847/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sabdin wrote:

Sadly you have been told absolute rubbish.

Provided that the Ntlworld email address concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account follow the instructions here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked/td-p/4808847/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham 

did just as you said and my emails are back on all devices.

I cannot believe the rubbish I just been told about the servers being shutdown. I even registered a complaint with the call handler, who said she had been answering hundreds of calls like mine and had told everyone the same! I wonder how many people have set up new emails. I noticed another post on here from someone being told the same as a was. How can a call handler be so wrong?

thanks again for saving me a mountain of work changing my email everywhere. 

Hi Sabdin

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I was glad to read Graham's advice worked - however can we clarify - the email in question, is this linked to an active cable account that you have with us? If so, great it's working you shouldn't have issues. If it's not, then it will be in the process of being deleted so you will need to migrate/back up everything asap.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill