cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld password reset

skytunnel
Joining in

Please advise how I can reset my @ntlworld.com password?

I am a virgin mobile customer, but no longer a broadband customer so my web access to the email client is disabled.

I currently access my email using a third party email client, but I need my password changed for security reasons.

Thanks

Stuart

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@skytunnel wrote:

Please advise how I can reset my @ntlworld.com password?

I am a virgin mobile customer, but no longer a broadband customer so my web access to the email client is disabled.

I currently access my email using a third party email client, but I need my password changed for security reasons.

Thanks

Stuart

Continued use of an Ntlworld email address requires it to be attached to a current VM broadband account.

Unfortunately this means that you can't change the password as you have said that web access has already been closed.  This is the first stage of the complete deletion of the email address concerned.

The only help that the VM Forum Team can provide is to ensure that the email address is fully deleted from the VM systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The reply from Zac_M on this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Changing-Email-Password-on-ntlworld/td-p/4939367#:~:text=....

From a year ago suggests that you can arrange a password reset?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That thread refers to a different situation where the customer has moved house and changed VM broadband account in the process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@skytunnel wrote:

The reply from Zac_M on this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Changing-Email-Password-on-ntlworld/td-p/4939367#:~:text=....

From a year ago suggests that you can arrange a password reset?

Unfortunately it is a load of rubbish. The truth, alas is that you aren’t a VM broadband customer and hence aren’t paying VM a single penny to maintain an email mailbox for you. Eventually someone, or an automated system is is going to realise, ‘hang on ‘skytunnel isn’t paying us anything at all so why are we maintaining a mailbox system for him? Just kill it!

And that, alas is probably what has happened. You are not a customer, you aren’t paying to maintain the mailbox or address, you effectively have no business or contractual agreement with VM.

Honestly, and realistically, there is a small chance that the forum team can give you temporary access (emphasis of temporary and one-time, it won’t happen again) to the mailbox, otherwise, you need to plan for, and assume that this email address, mailbox and all the mail within it has been deleted and isn’t coming back!