cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld password not recognised

Leiden81
Tuning in

I have had the same ntlworld email account for several years. This morning after sending an email I received an alert to say that the ntlworld password was invalid. I was unable to use the usual password so deleted my account in order to add a new account and reset. However I am also unable to add a new account as ntlworld password is invalid. This was all through my IOS device. I can access my emails online via Virgin Media.

please help as need access on my IOS device

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly do you have a virgin media broadband account, if so a virgin rep will assist you, if you do not have a broadband account it may be that your email address is being deleted as all orphan accounts are being removed, and I would advise you to back up all your emails 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly do you have a virgin media broadband account, if so a virgin rep will assist you, if you do not have a broadband account it may be that your email address is being deleted as all orphan accounts are being removed, and I would advise you to back up all your emails 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes, I have a long-standing account with Virgin Media. Is there a rep out there who can help me?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team should get to this post either late on Sunday or more likely Monday.

@Leiden81 

The fact that you can still access the email account via the VM webmail page suggests that this is an issue with the settings on your Apple device.

Refreshing the email account password via your My VM profile might solve the issue as it forces a re sync of the access databases.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for your help. Managed to change password today and all good. Regards

Hi @Leiden81, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear you had trouble accessing your NTLWorld email account.

Although we were delayed in responding, I'm really pleased to hear you got things sorted!

Please don't hesitate to let us know once again if you need any help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W