cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld password headache

Drinky68
Joining in

Hi, work have given me a replacement phone, I tried to add my Ntlworld email account, however it’s been rejected as I can’t remember the password and have tried all my old ones. I’ve tried going on to virgin media website but that won’t recognise my email address and therefore I can’t reset the password. 

tried calling virgin helpline but can’t speak to a human, as I can’t get passed being asked for an account number I haven’t got.

help

thanks in advance

Carl

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Drinky68  If you don't have a current VM broadband account then your Ntlworld email address is on borrowed time.  It should have been deleted 90 days after you ceased to be a customer.

The VM Forum Team are unlikely to be able to help you in this situation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, it’s working well on my iPad but in settings it disguises the password, going to be a real pain setting up a new email and making sure everyone including banks etc know my new address

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Drinky68,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing and using the email service to try and adjust the password. As @Graham_A has mentioned, if the email in question is no longer linked to an active broadband account then it would be set to be locked and deleted shortly after, typically within 90 as per our Terms & Conditions but can sometimes take longer.

However, what I can do it take a closer look to see if we can find out what's going on. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can do that. Please respond at your earliest convenience and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!