cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email

carol5-4
Dialled in

Not sure if a VirginMedia or Thunderbird problem. Today, Thunderbird is downloading every single email (on our webmail) yet again. A few years ago this was a regular problem, then suddenly stopped until today. Any thoughts most welcome thankyou

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi carol5-4

Thanks for posting. Have you got a separate email client that you can use to check if that is happening on there also?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

No, I only have Thunderbird as an email client.

I spent all of yesterday sorting through all of the Thunderbird configurations, and I am happy to say that all is well again.

I thought that it may have been a VM problem as it was 3 of the 4 email accounts.

I do have rather a large collection of emails on the web server, but that is because I always get the continuing 'loading' symbol followed

by 'page could not be loaded' message, so give up trying to delete the old stuff. That particular problem has been ongoing for ages

and I do believe that others have the same problem with the webmail.

As there were no other 'me too' responses to my post, I assumed that it was a Thunderbird glitch, which given a bit of tinkering (lots)

is now hopefully resolved.

However, it would be nice to get past page 1 of my webmails, so that I can delete the unnecessary ones, so if it should happen

again, I wouldn't thousands of emails downloaded to sort through! 😜

Thanks again

Thanks for the update @carol5-4, and we're pleased to hear that has been resolved for you.

Do please let us know if you need any further assistance from our Forum Team

Kindest regards,

David_Bn