cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email will not send

andrewyoung
Tuning in

Good morning, my ntlworld emails are refusing to send from my webmail or mailboxes on my Mac and iPhone. I am however receiving emails on all three. I spoke to the help desk who changed my account password. I updated the new password on all three places but the problem remains. I am getting a message on webmail saying the account is blocked when I try and send an email, and my iPhone simply says that the user name or password is incorrect which is all bizarre as I am receiving emails so I must be logged in correctly. Meanwhile the Virgin help desk has said they have logged my issue with the technical team and they will hopefully come back within 48 hours. Help, I am a journalist working abroad and I need full access to my ntlworld email. I have complained on Twitter and the bizarre response I  got from your Twitter team is to post a question on this web forum. 

21 REPLIES 21

I have had recurring problems since changing my NTLWorld e-mail passwords in December and I have had to change them a few times since, including this week, to get sending of SMTP e-mail to work through my e-mail clients (GMail, Samsung Mail ...). It seems to be working now but I haven't updated the credentials for the clients on all of my devices so I have yet to confirm that it is working everywhere.

However, I am concerned that I may now only be using obsolete SSL security for sending SMTP e-mail rather than more up-to-date TLS.

Can VM confirm that TLS is supported for web based and third-party clients and, if so, what what security parameters should be used (e.g. port numbers)?

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

Apologies for any confusion Felim_Doyle, 

my colleague meant to say client mail, if you're able to remove and re-add the details to the mail client.

Is everything working as it should over webmail?

Alex_Rm