cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email rest problems

JQ7
Joining in

Hi

I have tried setting up my ntlworld account on a new device but have been unable to do so as I am unable to remember the password. I have been unable to reset this.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JQ7 wrote:

Hi

I have tried setting up my ntlworld account on a new device but have been unable to do so as I am unable to remember the password. I have been unable to reset this.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

What is stopping you from setting a new password?  Provided that the email address concerned is part of your current VM broadband account you should be able to reset the password through your primary My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When I try it says I am unable to as I ‘don’t have additional details set up on the account’ 🤔I have been using this account for literally years and it still works, so I’m just a little confused! Also I’m not relishing having to call and potentially be on the phone for ages trying to sort this out when usually it takes two minutes 🙈

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JQ7, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to our community. I am sorry to see you can't change your password. 

Please can you let me know what happens when you try and change it?

How did you know you should be able to change your password here 

Could you also let me know what error it is giving you when you are trying?

I would also try changing it on a different device / browser. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

I have tried on different devices but I can’t get past the page with the security question even though I know that. It just won’t let me continue.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

you say you have been using the email account for years do you still have an active broadband account with virgin? If not will most likely have been close and removed they are only supposed to stay open for 90 days after you leave however it does not always get removed exactly after the 90 days

Yes Virgin is still my broadband provider and the account is still active on the device I am currently using. I just need to get my password  to set it up on a new device.

Thanks for coming back to us @JQ7, check the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be on hand to assist you with this issue, once data protection has been passed.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn