Menu
smcc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email problems.

I have had an ntlworld email address for many years and generally use it via Windows Live Mail. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 with no problems. Over the past few days I have noticed a sharp drop in the number of emails received and decided to check my webmail, only to find that the same problem applies. I have sent several messages from my Hotmail account to to my ntlworld account and none has been received. I also asked my 4 children to email me at ntlworld and again no message has been received. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email problems.

I am not an expert - but have a few questions to help those who are:

You say you can sign into webmail - please also check that your email address is linked to the billing account - showing in My Profile/my services or in the manage accounts tab.

my services.pngnew account.png

There are sometimes bottlenecks which slows delivery, but these don't last for days.  Do the senders get any bouncebacks?  You may be asked to get details from the other people on proof of delivery from their email provider, this can help trace where it is getting lost.  I don't know the exact terms, but wait here and you'll be given instructions.

EDITED TO ADD:

Sorry - I also forgot to advise you to check all the settings in VM webmail - have any autoforwards been set up? Or filters you don't recognise?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
smcc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No autoforwards or filters set up. Email address is linked to billing address.I had also marked my original query to email me when someone replied. As yet I have not received an email.

0 Kudos
smcc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All of a sudden emails have started to come through with no changes to settings made. The big question is what happened to the messages that i did not receive in the past few days.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There was a national e-mail fault described in "service status" for a few days which was delaying receipt of mail. I think that explains your issue and it is now solved. Delayed mail is normally delivered in full, eventually!

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@smcc wrote:

All of a sudden emails have started to come through with no changes to settings made. The big question is what happened to the messages that i did not receive in the past few days.

Phew - I'm glad it was nothing more serious. Smiley Happy

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos