cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email problems cannot access

milliemog999
Joining in

Hi

I access my main email (ntlworld) through my phone and yesterday I started getting fail messages when I open my emails, that it could not get Mail because the password was missing. When I go to settings the password that has not been changed for some time is still showing as active.

I have tried to access the account using my laptop and logging through virgin media but I cannot log on through there either - the password I think it is is coming up as an error so when I try to reset and recover the password I keep hitting a brick wall, I have tried to recover where I detail the account number and last bill but I just keep getting a message saying please enter correct bill details (I know the details are correct as I have the latest bill on my phone) I even called yesterday to be told perhaps the reset part of the website is down and to try again but I am concerned that someone has hacked my account and has changed the password - any idea on how I can get this resolved please? 

11 REPLIES 11

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @milliemog999 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with signing into your email address. 

Can you confirm or me, are you still a virgin media customer? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi zak

Thanks for picking up my question, yes I am still a customer, the email in question is the main one on the account the others on there are all working fine.

Hi milliemog999,

Thank you for coming back to us, can you try to reset the password using one you haven't used previously, once done please try to log in again?

Regards

Paul.

Hi

This is what I am trying to do but the security password question is not working, so when I try to recover this I’m putting my account number and last bill but it keeps telling me that the bill is not recognised- I can’t get any further than this. 

thanks 

@milliemog999 

Millie, just as an experiment, try it again but when asked for the answers to the security questions, enter them IN ALL UPPERCASE’

Odd, yes I know, but indulge me and give it a go.

John

Hi

jist gave it another go with all capitals with no joy getting please enter valid security kind regards

Hi milliemog999,

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry to hear you still haven't been able to get in, I will be happy to help however I will need to clear security, so I can do this I will send you a invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Thank you very much for all your assistance with the help of Paul it has now been resolved and 3 days of emails are now back online! 

kind regards 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi milliemog999,

Thanks for getting back in touch! I'm really glad that Paul was able to get this issue resolved for you, please let us know if you need any more help with this in the future!

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team