cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email password not working- hacked?

Craig123451
Joining in

I am unable to access my ntlworld email since 10.30 yesterday morning. I am suddenly being asked for my password, but I hadn't changed it. I am very worried my email may have been hacked & password changed. 

Unfortunately I am no longer a virgin media customer for past 3 years, so can't change my password via virgin media broadband e-mail site. 

I have sent emails to my account. These haven't bounced back, so account still live.

Is there anything I can do to reclaim my account, or should I just ask virgin media to delete my account?

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Craig123451,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry about your Email.

We are unable to re activate an email on a non active broadband account, it will be deleted or in the process of being deleted due to the T&Cs of the email being deleted 90 days after disconnection, the system is catching up with all accounts that are not deleted after this happening, which will be why this has happened.

I know this is not ideal but we would be unable to re activate this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you for the update Hayley. I thought this may be the case. 

The problem I am now concerned about also is that my email account may have been hacked into. 

I have sent emails to the account. They are not bouncing back, so my account hasn't been deactivated yet?

If I can't use my email account, how can it be deactivated as soon as possible??

Thank you

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem @Craig123451.

It will be completed as soon as possible, if it is not in the next 48 hours let us know and we will locate your old account and see what more we can do to speed the process up.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My ntlworld mail account has still not been closed down. Please can somebody from virgin media de-activate the account?

It is now 2 weeks later, and my account has still not been de-activated. Please can somebody from virgin media get in contact with me to locate old account & de-activate?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Craig123451,

Welcome back! 

I am sorry about that, I will send you a private message now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team