cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email not working since 5/12/2022

Dicky99
Tuning in

My mother is also a VM customer and also has an Ntlworld email address. Today she informed me that she has lost all her emails in outlook. I've tried to access her account today but the password is being declined so there's little I can do. The only option to change the password involves sending a link to the email which isn't accessible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Steven,

My mum's email address is still inaccessible and her Outlook folders are empty. We are 100% certain regarding the correctness of the password and if I go to the VM website and attempt to login to her account it rejects the email address as being unrecognised. This suggests to me that the recognition of the email address is the issue.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Dicky99
Tuning in

My mother is a VM customer with an Ntlworld email address. She called me yesterday to say that all her Outlook messages have disappeared with a message which says "enjoy your empty inbox". 

I have tried to login to her email account both via Outlook and the VM website but both are rejecting the email address and or password. While Google searching for an answer it quickly became apparent that the thing that links the people enquiring is being a VM customer.

My mum is in her 80s and has little technical know how but she does rely on her email to run her life. I'm 180 miles and so I can't pop round and help her set up a new account with all that that entails so I really need to get this resolved quickly and efficiently please.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If your mother is still a Virgin broadband customer, her email should be secure, at least for the present. . But you'll have seen on here how many people have been having problems.

Hopefully a staff member will pick this up and offer to help. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Dicky99,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that are happening with your mothers NTL world email account, are the issues still happening today? 

Is your mother able to login to her online account with the same details? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Steven,

My mum's email address is still inaccessible and her Outlook folders are empty. We are 100% certain regarding the correctness of the password and if I go to the VM website and attempt to login to her account it rejects the email address as being unrecognised. This suggests to me that the recognition of the email address is the issue.

Good morning Steven,

Update to this is that I am able to log in to mum's VM broadband account this morning but from within there when I attempt to access email it states "your mail box is not available at the moment". Are you able to check if VM have frozen the email account?. 

Have you tried resetting the password Dicky99 as if the account has been frozen, this will allow access again.

Rob

Thank you Rob. I've reset the password and can now access email through the VM website.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this update, Dicky99.

We're glad to see you've managed to sort out the email issue with the password reset suggested by Robert_P above.

Please, feel free to give us a shout next time you need some help with your account or services, always glad to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs