cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email not syncing

ConnorWilliams-
Tuning in

My father has an ntlworld email and he passed away at the end of November 2019 and I want to put his email onto my phone, but no old or new emails are showing up.

The emails are coming through on Outlook on the laptop, but not the Mail app - but on the computer the emails are coming through on the Mail app. It appears that any new sign ins, the emails don't come through, but they come through on apps that were signed in before this happened (apart from my dad's phone as the emails stopped coming through in Feb 2020)

Does anyone know how I can sync these all up? 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ConnorWilliams-

Thank you for taking the time to post your email query regarding your late fathers email account and access, we understand how important still having access to these emails will be for you. Welcome to the forum.

From the information you have provided and the dates given it may be that your fathers email address is now dormant, this means you will still be able to access it from devices already signed into the account but new sign in's and the ability to sync the account is no longer possible.

If there are emails you wish to keep and have access to, we would like to suggest forwarding these to your personal email address for safe keeping as we're unable to assist with your request due to the reasons mentioned.

We understand this may not be the answer you were looking for but trust it answer's your query.

Rob

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask, how does the email go dormant? I ask this as my mother was still actively checking them on the computer after he passed.

If the account is disconnected or transferred to another name then the email address will have remained open for 90 days, after this time any new sign in's or syncing wouldn't be possible I'm afraid.

Rob

Yes, I think that's what the issue is then. My mother transferred the Virgin stuff to her name along with the email. That sucks but at least I know now. 

Thanks for your help.

Sorry I wasn't able to help further ConnorWilliams-, you will still have access on the devices already signed in on as you have previously but we would recommend forwarding any emails you would want to keep to a personal email address to avoid potentially losing them at some point.

Rob

@Robert_P wrote:

If the account is disconnected or transferred to another name then the email address will have remained open for 90 days, after this time any new sign in's or syncing wouldn't be possible I'm afraid.

Rob

If the services have been correctly transferred to another name due to a bereavement then surely the primary email account and any attached secondary accounts should continue to operate as before, and not be closed after 90 days?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/account-holder-has-died

Transfer services

If you want to transfer existing services into another person's name without any other changes, just download and complete our Bereavement Transfer form and email it back to us.

Once you've sent the form back we'll update the accounts within 7 days.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

From what the original poster has advised, the email address in question may not have been transferred at the time. This would explain there still being access but no new sign in's available.

Rob

@Robert_P wrote:

From what the original poster has advised, the email address in question may not have been transferred at the time. This would explain there still being access but no new sign in's available.

Rob

From the OP's post #5 in this thread:-

My mother transferred the Virgin stuff to her name along with the email.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.