cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email disappeared

Andrewharris
Joining in

Hi,

Been with VM for about 15 years. Eleven months ago we moved house and I was told by the switching team that I had to set up new address with new email address to get a new customer deal. Which I did. 

today my ntlworld.com email address has stopped working. When I try to log in online it says that the username isn’t recognised. 

Have VM deleted my account? I use this email for all my electronic communications and banking etc. I have had no info from VM about possibility of email account being closed. 

seriously panicking about this. 

To be clear I am an existing VM us timer but when I moved house account had to be linked to different email address (at VMs insistence)  

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you were badly advised.  You should have been offered a Move and Transfer so that your original email address was moved to the new account.

If that didn't happen then the original email address would be closed 90 days after the old account closed.  Often this 90 day period extends for months even years before the system catches up.

In view of the bad advice you received I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team to see if anything can be done at this late stage to remedy the situation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Andrewharris,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry about your NTL email not working.

We found numbers of accounts which were still active but linked to a non active media account, as a rule they should have been closed 90 days after the media accounts are stopped.

We are unable to re activate the email on your old account due to this.

Regards,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Are you kidding?

This I my electronic life for the last 15 years. I am mid way through renovating my house and have multiple critical emails that will be in the inbox right now. 

This is a VM error which if it remains unresolved will cost me lots of time AND MONEY. 

There was no indication given by VM that this would happen when I moved house and no emails received on the account from VM advising that it would be closed. I remain (for now) a loyal VM customer. 

Please can you escalate this as an urgent complaint. I will now start tracking my costs associated with your error so I can make a compensation claim in due course

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Andrewharris,

I was unable to locate your account using your forums details, please see our code of practice to see how to raise a complaint.

We are unable to activate an email once it has been deleted on a non active account, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, are you able to use a different email to contact people on?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide