cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email can't sign in or change password

HarryPolden
Tuning in

Recently upgraded phones and I cannot sign in to my ntlworld.com email, used all the passwords that should be working for it.

I also can't change my password on MyVirginMedia as the account does not get recognised, and when the account was made years ago I was not the primary account.

Is there any way I can reset the password/switch the email? 

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM rules say that changes to the account can only be made by the original account holder. Can you get them to help?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I think I can. Is it possible to then make the account an isolated one so I don't have to contact them to change it?

No. It will always be locked to that broadband account. And if that account is closed you will lose the email. 

It would be a good idea for set up a new account with another provider and move your contacts across while you still can. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ahh I see.

The original account holder can't seem to log in either so I think I may have lost the email.

If there's any way I can get access I'd love to know but I don't think it's possible

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HarryPolden,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble accessing an email account. The email account itself will need to be linked to an active broadband account. If it no longer is then the email account in question is typically deactivated and then permanently deleted within 90 days of the broadband service being disconnected.

If you're not the account holder but you'd like for us to take a closer look to see if there's anything further we can do then the account holder would need to make contact with us. They can do so here by making their own forum account and hen making contact. However, as advised, if the email account has been deactivated and deleted then we would not be able to recover it. Sorry.

In the meantime, I would recommend that the account holder of the upgraded phones you're referring to make contact with the Virgin Mobile team on 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset). They can then look to update the contact information on the account to a different email address for any future correspondence.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!