cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email account stopped working

Paulyboi1612
Joining in

My ntlworld email account has stopped working today and I'm not able to get access. I'm getting repeated messages asking me to verify my credentials but it doesn't recognise my username and password when I try to input them.

I'm not able to access the virgin media portal either as my details are coming up as unknown.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks, Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paulyboi1612,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some complications accessing your email. Can you clarify exactly what message appears when you attempt to access via our website? Do you also have an active broadband account currently that's linked to that address?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

floris
Joining in

Hi

I am also having the same problems since yesterday. I too have an ntlworld email, I am also a virgimedia customer. I can sign in to my account online and see my bills etc, but when I try to log into my emails, even to try and change the password, I get a message telling me to try in an hour. Still not working today.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paulyboi1612,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some complications accessing your email. Can you clarify exactly what message appears when you attempt to access via our website? Do you also have an active broadband account currently that's linked to that address?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @floris,

I can see that my colleague has responded to a different thread you made about this. We'll continue to assist you from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thank you. I resolved the issue by saying I forgot my password and then changing it. Thank you.

Hi Zach

The message I was receiving said that my credentials needed to be updated and the link took me to a page requesting my username and password which were both then showing as unknown.

I'm also getting a message saying my ntlworld settings are out of date but again I'm not able to access the account to update them.

I kept my email address when we switched service providers around 12 months ago and I've been using it since. My wife still has her ntlworld email account which is working fine.

Paul

@Paulyboi1612 almost certainly, from what you have described, the email account, address and all of the emails within the mailbox have now been deleted - I suspect that your wife's email account isn't long for this world either.

Use of any of the VM branded email addresses is conditional on you being a current broadband customer otherwise the address is deleted some 90 days after leaving) although VM can sometimes be a bit lax in doing so.

I suspect that your address has been swept up in one of VM's periodic clean ups of 'orphaned accounts' 

I fear you're right! I was told when I switched service provider that I'd be able to continue using my established email address (albeit by my new provider..)

That's a big blow tbh. Everything I'm registered with and everyone I know has that address for me so I'll have to trace 20 years of activity and contact who I still can.

Any ideas what my wife can do to prepare for the inevitable?

Thanks for your advice - certainly clearer than I've been able to get from VM.

@Paulyboi1612 honesty, your new provider simply lied to you, which you might want to take into consideration when the contract is up for renewal!

As for your wife, well assume that the email address might well vanish tomorrow, or next week, or next month etc. - but it absolutely will go, so while it is still working, firstly set up an alternative email address, gmail or outlook whatever, go through all the contacts and inform them of this new address. Set up a forwarder for the existing VM address to the new one. Should be fine.

What I will do if flag this thread for the forum staff, they should see it and offer to get in touch via personal message and see if anything can be done to give you temporary (and I do stress the term temporary, there have been a couple of posts where ex-users have been granted access to their mailboxes, done nothing about it for months and then complained when the mailbox was finally deleted and wanted/demanded an extension because, we’ll basically they couldn’t be bothered to do anything.

My response then is basically tough, you get one chance, you couldn’t be bothered, enjoy the lose of all your email!

Please, your email address might be beyond any help, but while it still works, your wife’s still has a good chance of being migrated fairly seamlessly.

Hi @Paulyboi1612 thanks for getting back to us.

I'd like to take a look into this matter for you.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R