cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld e-mail account is hacked.

Primentl
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media, please can anyone help ASAP? During the past few days, I have been receiving emails (including the usual one regarding hacking my ntlw world e-mail on my iphone. The message says: we've watched you enjoy adult sites, we have your email and password etc), and also texts, photos etc where 'hacker' has been trying to reset passwords etc from various sites in Germany. The hacker has provided me with a bitcoin account and has asked me for money and has written if I go to the police or try to re-set my iphone's operating system or delete my e-mails they will e-mail all my contacts with etc... However, I deleted all my e-mails. My Ntlworld email is still in use and they have the password to the account, I haven't been customers of VM for a few years, but my ntlworld email account wasn't deleted/deactivated. I tried to change the password on VM site but it says no username found. I've been in contact with VM customer services but they can’t access the account either. I can still access emails and I’ve sent one to myself so the account is still active. I would like for this e-mail account to be completely deleting and de-activated ASAP. I would really appreciate your assistance with this. Many Thanks and Kind Regards. Priment

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Primentl

We're very sorry to hear of the email account issues and contact received in regards to this and the concern this is causing. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We're eager to get this resolved for you and I will send you a Private Message to get some details in order to assist. Please keep an eye out in the top right for the purple envelope when signed into the forums.

Rob

I have just had the same issue a few days back. my ntlworld email been totally hacked. I cannot find a way to change / update the password or to change any other settings.

Hello jagster58

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced, we can understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

If you visit our website, in the top right there is the option to sign into email, on the sign in page there is a 'Forgotten Password' link that will allow you to reset the password. Have you tried that?

Let us know.

Rob

yes tried that but it doesn't recognise the ntlworld email account. 

any update on this?

Hi Jagster 👋 thank you for returning to this thread! 

Really sorry to hear that the email issues are ongoing. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support with this. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime whilst we offer some help! 🌞

All the best. 

Molly