cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld.com imap password issue

KamN396
On our wavelength

Is there an issue with the ntlworld imap servers with authentication,  my email hasn't worked since 11.30 am yesterday,  when logging in its now asking for my password,  once I've entered it, the message disappears but then doesn't actually log me in, it comes back asking me for my password again.  It's been over 24 hours now, but when I check my service status page,  it says there's no issues in my area.

Can anyone shed any light on what's actually going on with this. 

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KamN396 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing your emails at this time. There is a known issue unfortunately that our team is working to resolve as soon as possible. 

You can find more information and updates to this on our community forums page here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Mamba
On our wavelength

Exactly the same problem for me, since yesterday Tuesday c.11am.  NTL email a/c.  Did the pw reset, it said all ok, then spat me out saying "Mailbox Unavailable - please try later".  Can't log in from anywhere on the main V website.

Having gone through the <Roger/Philip> email debacle last November it's getting really annoying

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KamN396 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing your emails at this time. There is a known issue unfortunately that our team is working to resolve as soon as possible. 

You can find more information and updates to this on our community forums page here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

KamN396
On our wavelength

I have now resolved the issue,  I spoke to the call centre and got them to reset it all from their end and all is now good . Thankyou all for your help. 

Hi @KamN396 

Thanks for letting us know.

Great to hear you've gotten this resolved with our call agents. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

KamN396
On our wavelength

Will do, Thankyou all for your assistance to date. 

Hi I still can't access my ntlworld email.

I do not have a current account to log in with.

What do I do now ?

Hi @sheri666 

Sorry you're having some issues accessing your mailbox. 

To clarify, is it linked to an active broadband service?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Yes I have a current broadband account but although the email address was meant to be linked to the account im not sure if that ever happened.

I can still access one of my ntlworld addresses but not this one.

Thanks.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey sherri666, thanks for this reply and for confirming your services are active with us currently.

Sorry to hear your issue with this email persists, could you please tell us what happens when you try to log on to this email account from the link here?

Do you get an error message when you're using this email address and your password for this mailbox?
Have you attempted to change your password in case you forgot it or it's not recognised?

Lastly, based on the above we can see you have registered online for an account with us, is this address not listed on the email accounts tab on MyVM?
Have you had another account with us in the past where this email could have been linked with?

Please, share more on the above and we're here to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs