cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld.com emails not being received

mike_welder
Tuning in

Hi my wife's email is not receiving any emails since Saturday 4 Sept 21.

I have carried out all the security checks changing passwords & security questions. 

I am now at a loss as to why this has happened, her email is connected to me on our VM account. My email is receiving without these issues. 

The only way to receive emails is to send to another email address that she has, these come through without issue. 

Anyone know a solution to this problem.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi mike_welder,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's some issues with your wife's email account.

Have you tried the advice from 用心棒 ?

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into her webmail account, select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules to confirm there are no unexpected filter rules set; should there be any make a note of their settings and then follow the advice given here My Virgin Media account has been hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi thanks for the response, have already done as you suggest. Been through My Virgin Media account has been hacked & can't find any problems. All is in order.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail using your wife's authentication credential and create the following filter rule:

2021-09-08.jpeg
NB the rule will confirm that no other email client in use is responsible for the issue; if the Temporary folder is empty then no email have been received in the Inbox folder.

Also what happens if she sends an email to herself and if you send an email to her.

Hi mike_welder,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's some issues with your wife's email account.

Have you tried the advice from 用心棒 ?

Alex_Rm

mike_welder
Tuning in

Done all the checks as suggested, was still the same then yesterday all is well again. So missing emails from Saturday until yesterday. 

No idea what the problem was but it has sorted itself out now.

Thanks to everyone that helped. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mike_welder,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your email issue. I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved!

Please keep an eye on it and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs