cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld.com email unavailable - Urgent need to access

BTC_1
Tuning in

Hi, from the posts on the forum it looks like there are issues with the email servers.

Background - everything was working fine with my Virgin Media service until last night around 12:30am. I got a "Correct credentials needed" appear on my android phone in the gmail app for my ntlworld.com address. Entered correct pw etc but still wouldn't accept it. This was via 4G and via wifi connections

Still have "correct credentials needed" on my phone so tried this morning to access my emails on my PC via browser and I get the "Sorry your mailbox is not available at the moment" webpage (https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html) . Rebooted modem etc, still no go. All other net activity fine apart from accessing my ntlworld.com email. Tried phoning customer support on 150 but got the recorded "reboot and virus scan message" and then the queue is too long try again.

I need urgent access to it as I have some time-sensitive emails to receive and respond to. Can anyone help please as I can't wait days for this to be fixed.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

Thank you!

I'll try that and see how it works for me - I have seen from other posts that it might not work for long or work at all...

I think there might be three states of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for case 3?

Lucky me has gone through all three states in the last two weeks. 😂

HTH

Regained access to my Ntlworld.com email again via phone gmail and PC web browser.

Changing the password worked for me as suggested by albob.  It took over an hour for it to kick in,

Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. 🙂

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BTC_1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you were having an issue accessing your mails. 

I am glad things are resolved for you now after your password change. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs