Menu
Georgepottinger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld.com email address not working

For 11 days now I have been unable to send or receive emails from my ntlworld.com email account. Your customer services dept have told me that the server needs fixing and will be fixed as soon as possible but is not the responsibility of Virgin Media now. They cannot tell me who is responsible for the storage/hosting/security of my emails which I find unacceptable. 

Please help! I now need urgent access to my emails and do not know how to retrieve my old emails which I also need. Who can help me please? 

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld.com email address not working

Without knowing exactly what processes you have already gone through with VM, have you seen/tried the advice in this info from VM?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Are you also currently a VM customer?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The email servers are the responsibility of Virgin Media although a sister company is also involved.

You have been spun a line of nonsense by the telephone support staff.

Try following the instructions set out here to unlock your account:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Georgepottinger
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t gone though any processes with Virgin Media. Was fobbed off by a Customer Service Agent who told me that VM were in contact with service technicians who would solve the issue as soon as possible and that I’d just have to wait. I’ve waited 11 days and nothing. Have no idea who to speak to or how to get this fixed. Just want to speak to someone ag VM who can help me.

0 Kudos
Georgepottinger
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure how to perform a virus scan on an iPhone. Also, can’t seem to be able to reset password. So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Georgepottinger wrote:

I’m not sure how to perform a virus scan on an iPhone. Also, can’t seem to be able to reset password. So frustrating. 

Don't worry too much about the virus scan.  The key thing is to change the password to a completely new one.

The linked post sets out detailed instructions for changing the password.  What problem are you coming up against when following them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Georgepottinger
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I enter username to change password and nothing happens. Just stays on the same screen like it doesn’t recognise my username. 🤷🏽‍♀️😩

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Georgepottinger wrote:

I enter username to change password and nothing happens. Just stays on the same screen like it doesn’t recognise my username. 🤷🏽‍♀️😩

You shouldn't need to be entering the username.  You select the email account concerned from the My Profile or Manage accounts tab and click on the change button to the right of the email name and then enter the new chosen password.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Georgepottinger,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

I am attempted to locate your account to look into this but I haven't been successful.

To assist further with this, what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for chatting with myself over Private Message. 

As advised, once you have received the letter please do reach back out so we can look to assist further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos