cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld accounts

PaulT85
Joining in

Hi, when I was younger my mother had an ntlworld email login due to being a subscriber. She can't login to it anymore and it's bouncing back emails but my parents are still subscribers and have never stopped. Is there anyway of getting back in to this account? 

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PaulT85 wrote:

Is there anyway of getting back in to this account? 

There are a number of reasons why a bounce back message might be generated. However if they include the phrase "mailbox yourmothersemail@ntlworld.com unknown" it basically means that the email account does not exist.

If that is the case, sadly it is gone for good because it cannot be reactivated or recreated.

If your parents are still VM broadband customers (which is what I am assuming you mean by "subscribers") it sounds as if that email account is no longer associated with their current VM contract.

You can check that by asking your parents to sign into their "My Virgin Media" account - that's where they can view their bills and package details. They can do that from here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

Then if they should navigate to the "Account details" page, they may have to click on "Update settings" first.

On the "Account details" page scroll down to the "Manage other Virgin Media accounts" line and click on that. You will then get a complete list of all the VM email accounts associated with their current VM broadband contract. Is the missing account listed there?

There are a number of reasons why this particular email address might not be listed.For example:

• Your parents may have deleted it at some point, perhaps unintentionally.
  • Or that email account may have been set up under a previous VM broadband contract and VM never linked this old email address to the new VM broadband contract. This often happens when people move house or switch from VM to another provider for a while. 90  days after a VM broadband account is close, VM should delete any email addresses linked to it.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can check this out. However, due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) they  need to deal with the Account Holder (the person named on the VM contract).

It would be useful for the Forum Team to know the exact reason given in those bounce back messages and also whether this ntlworld address is listed in your parents' "My Virgin Media Account".

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PaulT85,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're parents are having some issues with their mail account. 

I can see Coenoby has given some very detailed info in his post above (thank you!) - would you mind sharing what reason is included in the bounce back emails and do they get any specific error when trying to log into the mailbox?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your detailed reply!!! I passed your message on and they've told me that it was very helpful and that they've managed to sort the issue out! Thanks again, your a life saver